Battleground Mobile India was announced on Thursday by Kraftan, the South Korean company behind PUBG, as its dedicated game for the Indian market. The new Battle Royale game is designed to bring a premium, AAA multiplayer gaming experience as well as specially in-game events such as outfits and features. The company said in a press statement that Battleground Mobile India will debut with its own EcoSport system which will include tournaments and leagues. In addition to announcing details about Battleground Mobile India, Crafton released a video teaser of the new game suggesting similarity with PUBG Mobile, which was banned in the country last year.
Kraftan said that Battleground Mobile India will be available for pre-registration before the official launch in the country. The new game is projected to be exclusive in India, and its logo will feature the tricolor theme to attract Indian mobile gamers.
The company said, ‘Crafton will collaborate with partners to bring in-game content regularly, which will begin with a series of specific e-game events in India at the time of launch, to be announced later.’
The company also claimed that all the data collection and storage of Battleground Mobile India would be in full compliance with all applicable laws and regulations for players in India and in the country. This may be in response to the government’s concerns over data privacy and security on PUBG Mobile, which eventually led to its ban in September last year.
- Advertisement -
The government has banned PUBG mobiles among other 117 mobile games that have links with China. Shortly after the ban, Crayton’s subsidiary PUBG Corporation acquired publishing and distribution rights from PUBG Mobile’s publisher Tencent Games.
- PUBG Mobile Reports 1 Billion Accumulated Downloads Since 2018 Launch
- PUBG Lite Is Ending Service and Player Support by May 29
- PUBG Mobile Makers’ New State Game Hits 10 Million Pre-Registrations
Kraftan made several attempts to convince the government to lift the ban on PUBG Mobile after acquiring its rights from a Shenzhen-based entity. The move includes plans to localize Indian data and establish a dedicated team of at least 100 people in India. The company also announced an investment of $ 100 million (approximately Rs 738 crore). But even then, it seems that its new title was finally settled with Battleground Mobile India after not getting any meaningful results for some time. Teasers for the upcoming game have been seen in recent times, and the announcement on Thursday has finally cemented speculation – though a solid timeframe for launch or pre-registration has yet to be heard.